Celebration of the Word of God at home
The Parish has prepared a celebration (in the absence of the priest) to be used at home, particularly during this time of the pandemic disease “corona-virus”.
Parents or guardians can lead into the celebration, making use of the reading of the day.
This guidelines can be used on Sunday, and even on weekdays.
Javier Gonzalez Father in charge Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish – Nairobi
CELEBRATION OF THE WORD OF GOD AT HOME
- OPENING SONG
- INTRODUCTORY RITES
- Sign of the Cross and greetings
- In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with us all.
All: Now and forever.
- Penitential Rites
- Christ, you have sent to heal the broken hearted, Lord have mercy.
All: Lord have mercy.
- You came to call sinners to repentance, Christ have mercy.
All: Christ have mercy.
- You plead our cause at the right hand, Lord have mercy.
All: Lord have mercy.
- May the Almighty God have mercy on us forgive our sins, and bring us to everlasting life.
- Let us now sing the song of praise to God.
- Opening prayer: The collect
- Let us pray: Grant, we pray Almighty God, that, always pondering spiritual things, we may carry out in both word and deed that which is pleasing to you. Through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
- LITURGY OF THE WORD (Readings of the day)
- 1st Reading:
- Responsorial Psalm: All: To sing
- 2nd Reading
- Gospel acclamation: All: Alleluia
- Sharing the Word of God
- Prayers of the faithful
- Loving Father, we now come to you with our petitions. We know that you love us and therefore you love to listen to us. In your love please accept our petitions. All: Lord graciously hear us.
- We pray for the Church…
- We pray for our Country…
- We pray for Vocations (family, priesthood, religious men and women, celibacy etc.)…
- We pray for the Needy (personal needs, family needs, community needs, country needs, Church needs, universal needs)
- Prayer during the corona-virus-pandemic
- CLOSING PRAYER: Heavenly Father, your love is everlasting; please accept the petitions we have made, through Christ our Lord. All: Amen
- The offering of the gifts
- USE OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE PAY BILL (698292 + own name) OR
- MPESA (Parish office nr. 0722544798)
- Offertory song:
- Prayer over the gifts:
- As we celebrate your mysteries, O Lord, with the observance that is your due, we humbly ask you, that what we offer to the honor of your majesty may profit us for our salvation, through Christ our Lord…All: Amen
- OUR FATHER
- Let us pray to God with confidence in the words of Jesus taught his disciples
All: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
- Deliver us Lord from every evil and grant us peace in our day. In your Mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our savior Jesus Christ
All: For the Kingdom, the power and the glory are yours, now and forever.
- SIGN OF PEACE
- Lord Jesus Christ, you said to your disciples, my peace I leave you, my peace I give to you. Look not upon our sins but the faith of your Holy Church; grant us peace and unity of your kingdom, where you live forever and ever. All: Amen
- The Peace of the Lord be with us all.. All: Now and forever
- Let us offer the sign of peace, Peace be with you
- Hymn: Tutakiane Amani
- COMMUNION (Act of Spiritual Communion)
My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; never permit me to be separated from You.
Hymn: Yumo Humu
Short moment of silence
- CONCLUDING RITES
- Grant, we pray, Almighty God, that we may experience the effects of the salvation which is pledged to us by these mysteries. Through Christ our Lord.
- May the Almighty God bless us, in the name of The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit…All: Amen
- Let us go forth in peace, to love and serve the Lord our celebration of the Word of God has ended…All: Thanks be to God
- COMMISSION SONG/ EXIT SONG